Author: USG Corporation
Publisher: RS Means/John Wiley & Sons
One of the construction industry’s longest-running, most relied-on references, The Gypsum Construction Handbook was first published by the U.S. Gypsum Company in 1904. For more than a century and through several editions, the book has become a trusted standard. This new 6th edition is an illustrated, comprehensive, and authoritative guide on all facets of gypsum construction.
You’ll find the newest product developments, installation methods, fire- and sound-rated construction information, illustrated framing-to-finish application instructions, estimating and planning information, and more. System descriptions – together with full data on products, accessories, tools, equipment, and applications – help plan and estimate projects and ensure compliance with performance criteria.
Cost- and time-saving techniques keep the work on budget. New in the sixth edition are chapters on sustainable construction methods and products, building movement, fire resistance, heat transfer, sound transmission, and vapor/moisture control.
The Handbook covers both new construction and repair and remodeling and includes:
- drywall and veneer plaster
- joint treatment and plaster finishing
- interior cement board
- conventional plaster
The Foremost Reference for Gypsum Product Selection & Installation
- Veneer & Conventional Plaster
- Cement Board
- Finishing & Decorating
- Acoustical Ceilings
New in this edition:
- Sustainability—product design, production, measurements, best practices
- Building Sciences—structural movement, fire-resistance, acoustics, moisture control
- Includes information on tools & safety practices—and an extensive glossary of construction terms